BANGOR — The 51st annual Anah Circus will bring exciting bigtop entertainment to the Cross Insurance Center May 2-4 as the popular event shifts from the Bangor Auditorium to the Queen City’s entertainment hub.
Ringmaster Charlie Van Buskirk will introduce to fans of all ages such acts as:
• Mayya Panfilova and the Performing Housecats;
• Susan Vidbel, the “Aerial Cloud Swing Sensation;”
• Brian Miser, known as “The Human Arrow.” Circus-goers will watch as Miser places himself on a crossbow that he built — and that launches him at 65 miles per hour;
• Olga and Vladimir Smirnov, billed as “Russia’s Premiere Magical Costume Quick-change Act;”
• The unicycling Bertinis;
• The Dancing Gauchos;
• Andriey’s Dogs, the “Captivating Canine Stars.”
The circus also will feature the popular Anah Shrine Clowns.
The scheduled dates and show times for the Anah Shrine Circus are:
• 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Friday, May 2 ;
• 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Saturday, May 3 ;
• 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Sunday, May 4.
Ticket prices are $12 each at the Cross Insurance Center box office, but during the presale, tickets may be purchased for $10 each at the Anah Shrine, 586 Main St., Bangor, at Fairmount Market on Hammond Street in Bangor or Marden’s on Wilson Street in Brewer.
With all the excitement related to each Shrine Circus performance, be sure to arrive early to get good seats and give the children time to meet the Anah Shrine clowns.
Proceeds from the Anah Shrine Circus benefit Anah Shrine charities.