2-year-old girl suffers serious burns after falling into fire pit in Lebanon

Posted July 15, 2012, at 10:36 p.m.

LEBANON, Maine — A 2-year-old girl is being treated for serious burns at a Boston hospital after falling into a fire pit at a resort cabin.

Officials tell WMUR-TV the child was playing outside with family members at the Flat Rock Bridge Family Resort on Sunday morning when she apparently fell backward into a fire pit containing hot coals. The fire had been put out Saturday night but some coals still were smoldering.

The toddler is from Milton, N.H.

The state fire marshal’s office is investigating.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Mid-Maine