BANGOR, Maine — A Bangor man who survived being shot in a fatal Hermon home invasion in February was back behind bars last week after city police officers were called to Main Street to look into reports of a fight.
Though they didn’t find a fight, they did find 20-year-old Philip McIntyre and arrested him on two active warrants for unpaid fines, Bangor police Sgt. Paul Edwards said Wednesday. McIntyre is now out on bail, a Penobscot County Jail official said Wednesday night.
McIntyre was arrested on a burglary charge earlier this year, shortly after being released from St. Joseph Hospital in Bangor, where he was treated for a gunshot wound to the leg he suffered during a Feb. 16 home invasion in Hermon.
McIntyre was arrested again the next night for three outstanding warrants — all of them for for unpaid fines.
In April, he was arrested again after Bangor police were called to quell a loud party on First Street. At that time, he was charged with disorderly conduct, refusing to submit to arrest or detention and failure to provide police officers his real name.
Before this spring’s home invasion, McIntyre had been arrested at least four times over an 18-month period for failure to pay fines, according to court documents filed at the Penobscot Judicial Center.
According to published reports, McIntyre was with Robert Dellairo, 30, also of Bangor, and an unidentified woman on Feb. 16 when they forced their way into a residence at the Duran Apartments on Outer Hammond Street in Hermon.
A second unidentified woman also was involved in the home invasion, according to police.
Both men were shot by Daniel Williams, 24, one of two men in the apartment, and Dellairo died later that day at Eastern Maine Medical Center from a gunshot wound to the pelvis.
Williams told the Bangor Daily News that he shot the two in self-defense.
Williams was indicted by a Penobscot County grand jury in June on charges of drug trafficking and possession of synthetic bath salts.