BANGOR, Maine — A Bangor man who survived being shot during a deadly home invasion in Hermon wound up behind bars Monday night for the third time this year.
The arrest took place about 7:30 p.m. Monday after Bangor police were called to quell a loud party at 17 First St., Bangor police Lt. Tom Reagan said Tuesday night.
Philip McIntyre, 19, was charged with disorderly conduct, refusing to submit to arrest or detention and failure to provide police officers his real name, Reagan said. Also arrested was Joseph Landry, 18, of Levant, who was charged with disorderly conduct, Reagan said.
McIntyre was arrested on a burglary charge earlier this year, shortly after being released from St. Joseph Hospital in Bangor, where he was treated for a gunshot wound to the leg he suffered during a Feb. 16 home invasion in Hermon.
McIntyre was arrested again the next night for three outstanding warrants — all for unpaid fines.
Before this spring’s home invasion, McIntyre had been arrested at least four times over an 18-month period for failure to pay fines, according to court documents filed at the Penobscot Judicial Center.
According to published reports, McIntyre was with Robert Dellairo, 30, also of Bangor, and an unidentified woman on Feb. 16 when they forced their way into a residence at the Duran Apartments on Outer Hammond Street in Hermon, according to police. A second unidentified woman also was involved in the home invasion, according to police.
Both men were shot by Daniel Williams, 24, one of two men in the apartment, and Dellairo died later that day at Eastern Maine Medical Center from a gunshot wound to the pelvis. Williams told the Bangor Daily News that he shot the two in self-defense.
Maine State Police Lt. Christopher Coleman of the Major Crimes Unit is leading the investigation into the Hermon shooting and is working with the Penobscot County Sheriff’s Office on the case, which remains under investigation.