BANGOR — Bangor Parks and Recreation Department, 647 Main St., is offering the following programs:
• Kindergarten-grade one Instructional Basketball Program: This is a four-week instructional program for boys and girls that emphasizes skill development and fun. The kindergarten program meets 8:30-9:30 a.m. Dec. 10 and 17, Jan. 7 and 14. Grade one meets 8:30-9:30 a.m. Jan. 21 and 28, and Feb. 4 and 11. Fee is $25 for residents and $30 for nonresidents.
• Youth Basketball Program: This eight-week program is open to all children in grades two-three and four-five with separate boys and girls leagues. Teams will practice one evening a week and play their games on Saturdays, starting the week of Dec. 10. Teams will play teams from Veazie and Orono also. This is a rec league, not a travel program. The fee for this program is $30 for residents and $40 for nonresidents. Add $10 late fee after Nov. 29.
• Drop-in open gym for all preschoolers, Monday through Fridays at the Parks and Recreation Center. This is a free program, and parents must stay with children.
• Coed adult open gym: 8-9:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Parks and Recreation Center. The fee is $2 per person per night. The program runs through March and there will be no program on holidays.
• Learn to Skate: ages 4 and up. Session I is Nov. 13-Dec. 18 and Session II is Jan. 8-Feb. 12. Both sessions are held at Sawyer Arena at 1:50-2:50 p.m. Sundays. The fee is $70 per session for Bangor residents and $75 per session for nonresidents.
To register, go to www.BangorParksandRec.com or stop by the Bangor Parks and Rec. Center at 647 Main St.. Call 992-4490 if you have any questions.