John Bapst Memorial High School on Broadway in Bangor, Maine.

As of 5:30 p.m. Saturday, March 14, three Maine residents have tested presumptive positive for the coronavirus, according to the state. Click here for the latest coronavirus news, which the BDN has made free for the public. You can support this mission by purchasing a digital subscription

John Bapst Memorial High School is the first Bangor area school to close after two Mainers tested positive for the coronavirus earlier in the week.

All on-campus classes are suspended and the building will be closed until April 27, according to an email to parents from Head of School Mel MacKay.

However, school dormitories that host international students will remain open and Bapst will continue providing meals.

[MDI schools closing for 2 weeks due to coronavirus spread]

The news comes after Maine CDC announced its second presumptive positive case of coronavirus on Friday.

A combination of online teaching and other distance learning approaches will begin on March 18, MacKay said.

[Passamaquoddy Tribe school to close temporarily due to coronavirus concerns]

The school will provide laptops for students who don’t own their own devices and has a hard-copy version of the lessons online ready for families without stable internet access.

Some international students are already planning to return home, MacKay said.

Watch: What you need to know about handwashing during coronavirus