Governor’s Restaurant on Broadway in Bangor was able to open around 11 a.m. Tuesday after being closed overnight due to a small kitchen fire Monday, according to information on its Facebook page.
Personnel from fire cleanup firms were in the restaurant parking lot Tuesday morning.
A sign posted on the door said that Governor’s hoped to be reopened by lunchtime Tuesday.
The fire broke out at about 6:20 p.m. Monday behind the cooktops, Assistant Fire Chief Matt Costello said Tuesday.
“It was extinguished fairly quickly,” he said. “We were on the scene about 50 minutes.”
The restaurant staff thanked the department on its Facebook page.
“[A] huge shout out to Bangor Maine Fire Department for saving our bacon tonight!” it read. “Our team is hard at work putting the pieces back together and making sure we’re safe and ready to go.”
Follow the Bangor Daily News on Facebook for the latest Maine news.