September 20, 2018
Portland Latest News | Poll Questions | Vet Home Build | Girls Wrestling | Red Sox

Elderly man dies in Gorham mobile home fire

CBS 13 | BDN
CBS 13 | BDN
An elderly Gorham man died Wednesday after a fire broke out in his mobile home.
By Callie Ferguson, BDN Staff
Updated:

An 82-year-old man died on Wednesday when his stove caught fire and the flames spread throughout his Gorham mobile home, authorities said.

Firefighters responded around 6 p.m. to the blaze at Patio Park Lane, according to CBS affiliate WGME, where they found the elderly man’s body in the bathroom, Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Steve McCausland said.

First responders were not able to revive him, and he died, McCausland said. The man’s name has not been released because police are still trying to find and notify his family of his death.

The man, who was the only person inside the home, appeared to have been cooking at his stove with the fire broke out, McCausland said. He became trapped when the flames spread and consumed the entire home, Deputy Chief Jim Poitras of the Gorham Fire Department told WGME.

Follow the Bangor Daily News on Facebook for the latest Maine news.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like