BANGOR, Maine — A bail revocation hearing was avoided Monday when the father of a Millinocket man charged in connection with the death of an infant substituted $25,000 cash bail for the $100,000 surety bail posted on March 1.

Jessee Mackin, 33, pleaded not guilty Feb. 26 to manslaughter in the death of his ex-girlfriend’s 6-month-old son Larry Earl Lord. Four days later, Mackin’s father, Carleton Mackin, put up his property, located at 34 Iron Bridge Road in Millinocket, as bail.

On March 7, Assistant Attorney General Megan Elam, who is prosecuting the case, filed a motion to revoke Mackin’s bail, alleging that the property was not worth $100,000. The prosecutor said that Millinocket tax records established that the assessed value of the property was $34,300.

Elam asked in the motion that Mackin’s bail be revoked unless $25,000 was posted before a hearing that was set for 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Penobscot Judicial Center. The hearing was not held, according to the clerk’s office at the courthouse.

Mackin remains free on bail under the supervision of Maine Pretrial Services. Conditions include his living with a cousin in Millinocket, abiding by a 9 p.m. to 5 a.m curfew, not possessing or using intoxicants or weapons, not having any contact with children under the age of 12 and contacting Maine Pretrial Services every day by phone and once per week in person, according to a previously published report.

Mackin was arrested in connection with the death of Larry Lord, the son of his former girlfriend and accused murderer Anthony Lord, 35, of Houlton.

The infant, who was born Oct. 24, 2014, was taken to the Millinocket hospital May 5, 2015, and died at Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor on May 7, according to previously published reports.

The boy died as a result of bleeding in his brain and a fractured skull, according to the autopsy report cited by the Maine attorney general’s office at Mackin’s bail hearing last month.

Information about whether the rampage involving Anthony Lord on July 17, 2015, was related to the death of his son two months earlier has not been released.

The child’s death was mentioned in several Bangor Daily News stories about the shooting spree, which left two men dead.

Jamie Clark, the mother of Larry Lord, said in July 2015 that Brittany Irish, the woman allegedly kidnapped by Anthony Lord amid the shooting spree, “came into my son’s funeral holding hands [with Anthony Lord].”

Irish said then that she formed a friendship with Anthony Lord and was at the boy’s funeral to support the father because “I had a miscarriage at the same time that his son died.”

The nature of the relationship between Clark and Mackin was not mentioned in previous stories.

Lord, who has a long criminal history and is a lifetime registrant of the Maine Sex Offender Registry, was arrested after the shooting spree and manhunt that resulted in the deaths of Kyle Hewitt, 25, of Bangor and Kevin Tozier, 58, of Lee.

Lord is awaiting trial after entering a not guilty plea to the charges against him.

If convicted of manslaughter, Mackin faces up to 30 years in prison and a fine of up to $50,000.

A trial date has not been set.