When a fire destroyed a Clifton chicken coop last week, firefighters identified a newly installed heat lamp as the most likely cause for the blaze that killed six chickens. In the wake of that fire, officials want people to know the risks associated with those heat sources. Read More

Essential Reads

    GEORGE'S OUTDOOR NEWS
    I want to thank Islandport Press for republishing John Cole’s wonderful book, In Maine – Essays on Life’s Lessons. John was an exceptional writer, and the guy in the 70s who inspired me to become a writer. In Maine was first published in 1974 and afterwards, John wrote a dozen… Read More