Auburn firefighters rescue pet snakes from apartment fire

Posted June 17, 2013, at 12:42 p.m.
A fire on Field Avenue in Auburn on Monday morning may have been caused by a heating device used to keep snakes warm on the third floor of 54-56 Field Ave., according to Auburn fire Chief Frank Roma. &quotFrom the evidence I have seen so far, it would be consistent with the call we received."
Russ Dillingham/Sun Journal
A fire on Field Avenue in Auburn on Monday morning may have been caused by a heating device used to keep snakes warm on the third floor of 54-56 Field Ave., according to Auburn fire Chief Frank Roma. "From the evidence I have seen so far, it would be consistent with the call we received."
Some of these snakes survived the fire on Field Avenue in Auburn Monday morning.
Russ Dillingham/Sun Journal
Some of these snakes survived the fire on Field Avenue in Auburn Monday morning.
Auburn firefighters lower a cabinet containing numerous snakes from an apartment on Field Avenue in Auburn Monday morning.
Russ Dillingham/Sun Journal
Auburn firefighters lower a cabinet containing numerous snakes from an apartment on Field Avenue in Auburn Monday morning.
Residents, neighbors and friends watch firefighters douse a fire on Field Avenue in Auburn Monday morning.
Russ Dillingham/Sun Journal
Residents, neighbors and friends watch firefighters douse a fire on Field Avenue in Auburn Monday morning.

AUBURN, Maine — A fire on Field Avenue in Auburn on Monday morning may have been caused by a heating device used to keep snakes warm on the third floor of 54-56 Field Ave., according to Auburn fire Chief Frank Roma. “From the evidence I have seen so far, it would be consistent with the call we received.”

More slideshows

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business