Building on a successful high school football season, the Bangor Daily News and SportsNet Maine are pleased to be partnering for live broadcasts of Maine high school basketball games on the BDN website. We tipped off our live streaming coverage on Dec. 19 with Skowhegan at Hampden Academy, the first of eight scheduled contests this season.
Our most recent matchup, on Friday, Feb. 2, sent George Stevens Academy of Blue Hill to rival Ellsworth and GSA emerged with a 70-54 victory.
On Tuesday, Feb. 6, we will stream the boys contest pitting the Class AA Bangor Rams against the Class A Hampden Academy Broncos. Tip time is 7 p.m. with the BDN Game of the Week pregame show set for approximately 6:50 p.m.
We tipped off the 2017-2018 basketball schedule on Tuesday night when Hampden Academy defeated Skowhegan 73-40.
Below is the tentative schedule for upcoming BDN/SportsNet Maine Game of the Week live streaming broadcasts.
- Tuesday, Dec. 19 — Hampden boys 73, Skowhegan 40
- Thursday, Dec. 28 — Hermon 67, Old Town 41
- Tuesday, Jan. 9 — George Stevens Acad. 73, Mattanawcook Acad. 46
- Friday, Jan. 19 — Oceanside 55, Maine Central Institute 39
- Friday, Feb. 2 — George Stevens Academy 70, Ellsworth 54
- Tuesday, Feb. 6 — Bangor boys at Hampden, 7 p.m.*
*–games subject to change; start time maybe affected by length of JV game
Last fall, we broadcast eight high school football games featuring many of the top high school teams from around eastern Maine. You can click on the links below to watch those contests.
You can read Ernie Clark’s Nov. 3 game story from Skowhegan-Brewer here.
Ernie Clark’s story on the Hermon-Oceanside game from Oct. 27 can be found by clicking here.
Click here for the story by the BDN’s Ernie Clark on the Oct. 13 game between Maine Central Institute and Foxcroft Academy.
Ernie Clark’s BDN report on the Sept. 29 Cony-Brewer game is available by clicking here.
Click here to read Ernie Clark’s BDN story about Mount Desert Island’s victory over Bucksport on Sept. 16.
Below is the 2017 BDN Game of the Week schedule, including archived links to the live streams that can be found at Driveshowmaine.com/snme2
- Sept. 9 — Foxcroft Acad. 24, Dexter 14
- Sept. 16 — MDI 43, Bucksport 22
- Sept. 23 — John Bapst 32, Waterville 13
- Sept. 30 — Cony 20, Brewer 14
- Oct. 6 — No broadcast
- Oct. 13 — MCI 34, Foxcroft Acad. 20
- Oct. 20 — Lawrence 41, Messalonskee 27
- Oct. 27 — Oceanside 40, Hermon 33
- Nov. 3 — Skowhegan 18, Brewer 13
Below are links to our 2016 BDN Game of the Week game stories, SportsNet Maine feature interviews and archive of the live-streamed games.
We also have posted some feature video interviews from some of last season’s live-streamed games, including:
Check out this video for a look at the dynamic between Brewer head coach Nick Arthers and his dad, Butch Arthers, a longtime head coach who is now an assistant with the Witches.
Here are the links to SportsNet Maine’s archived video streams of the 2016 games:
- Friday, 9/2/16 Brunswick 54, Hampden 20
- Friday, 9/9/16 Brewer 33, Mt. Blue 2
- Friday, 9/23/16 Brewer 54, Skowhegan 41
- Friday, 9/30/16 Old Town 42, Belfast 28
- Friday, 10/7/16 Winslow 48, Foxcroft 7
- Friday, 10/14/16 MCI 35, Orono 25
- Friday, 10/21/16 Orono 27, Dexter 26
- Friday, 11/4/16 Brewer 44, Cony 34