SALEM, Mass. — The Colby College men’s basketball team did not let a break of 20 days slow them down in a 94-84 victory over Endicott College on the first day of the Salem State Holiday Tournament on Friday.
The Mules (7-2 overall) will play Salem State on Saturday at 7 p.m. Colby last played on Saturday, Dec. 9.
By the Numbers
* The Mules had terrific scoring balance, with seven players at eight points or more. Sam Jefferson led the way with a game-high 23 points, including 5-for-11 shooting from 3-point range and a perfect 4-for-4 from the foul line.
* First-year point guard Matt Hanna added 20 points, also shot 4-for-4 from the line, and added four assists. Dean Weiner had another fine all-around game with 10 points, 13 rebounds, and five assists. Sean Gilmore had his best game of the season with 14 points on 6-for-8 shooting, Pat Dickert joined Weiner with a double-double at 10 points and 10 rebounds, Ethan Schlager had nine points and five rebounds, and Wallace Tucker scored eight.
* Colby had a 51-30 rebounding advantage, while Endicott (6-3 overall) stayed in the game with just 10 turnovers. The Mules had their second-highest point total of the season.
* The Gulls had a 73-72 lead in the second half when Colby used a 14-2 run to go ahead for good.
* The game was a challenge for the Mules, with 17 lead changes and 12 tied scores. Colby’s largest lead of the game was 11 points with 3:06 remaining in the game. Endicott also had an 11-point lead at 37-26 in the opening half.