|Connecticut College||Colby College|
WATERVILLE, Maine — Sam Jefferson had 21 second-half points and finished with 28 for the game to help Colby College to a season-closing 77-70 victory over Connecticut College in NESCAC men’s basketball Saturday.
By the numbers
* Jefferson was 11-for-12 from the foul line, pulled down nine rebounds, and dished six assists. He also hit five 3-point shots.
* Wallace Tucker added 16 points, three assists, and two steals for the Mules. Ethan Schlager finished with 10 points, while Steven Daley had nine points on 4-for-6 shooting and pulled down five rebounds.
* Colby senior co-captains Pat Dickert and Devaughn Riley both played their final game. Dickert had eight rebounds and two assists, while Riley hit his only field goal of the game for two points.
* Conn College’s David Labossiere had a game-high 35 points, including 6-of-7 shooting from 3-point range. He also had eight rebounds, three assists, and two blocked shots.
* Phil Leotsakas was 4-for-6 from the field for 11 points, Dan Drafan had eight points and seven rebounds, and Austin Nwafor scored 10 points for the Camels (6-17 overall, 0-10 NESCAC)..
* The Mules (11-13 overall, 2-8 NESCAC) had a 44-35 rebounding edge.
* Colby opened up a 29-22 lead in the first half, but the Camels held the Mules without a point over the final 5:54 to go up 32-29 at halftime.
* Daley put the Mules up for good at 38-36 with 18 minutes left in the game. Colby pushed the lead to 15 points at 70-55 when Jefferson nailed a 3-point shot with 4:19 to go.