|Bowdoin College||Trinity College|
HARTFORD, Conn. – The Trinity women’s soccer team scored late in regulation to pin a 1-0 setback on visiting Bowdoin in Saturday afternoon NESCAC action.
The loss snaps a five-game win streak for the Polar Bears who are 6-3-1 (2-3-1 NESCAC) on the year. The Bantams climb to 5-5-1 (4-3 NESCAC).
- Emma Beane and Samantha March both directed shots on net in the opening ten minutes of play, but neither team was able to score.
- Trinity scored the game’s lone goal at 77:56. Blake Crawley scored her first collegiate goal off a feed from Katie Marlow-Benedick.
- Bowdoin was unable to put a shot on net in the final 20 minutes of action.
By the Numbers
- Julia Pitino earned the shutout victory with five saves.
- Rachel Stout matched Pitino with five stops.
- Bowdoin held an 11-6 shot advantage and 7-3 edge in corner kicks.
- Bowdoin hosts Husson University tomorrow afternoon at 1:30 p.m.