OLD TOWN — The Varney Agency Winter Fun Day at Hirundo Wildlife Refuge has activities and games for all ages!
– Take a short ride by dogsled with Ultimate Dog Sledding Experience.
-Compete in Hirundo’s own biathlon: snowshoe races and a ball toss
– Join us for a guided winter ecology and/or archaeology hike through one of Hirundo’s wilderness trails
– participate in the snow sculpture contest!
– give snowshoeing or cross country skiing a try (BYO- we will have a few to borrow)
– check out our Ice Fishing and Snow Shelter demos
– Maine Science Festival, Maine Discovery Museum will be here for fun children’s activities
-acapella performance by @mainelyvoices
– Wildlife and Archaeology touch tables, ice bubbles, and groundhog themed children’s crafts
– @joeschuckwagon and Spencer’s Ice Cream of Bradley, Maine will be on hand to provide lots of great food for the day!
– warm up by the fire pit, roast s’mores, plus so much more!
The event runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tickets: $15 adults, $10 college ID, children free. Cash/checks only accepted at door. Tickets can be purchased online prior to the event.
Parking: Onsite parking is available for $10 per car (handicap parking is free). Off site parking is available located not far from the entrance of Hirundo on West Old Town Road. A Shuttle provided by Cyr Bus and Old Town-Orono YMCA is provided free of charge.
Special thanks to our sponsors: Varney Agency, Northern Light Health, Print Bangor, City of Old Town and WABI TV5.