DOVER- FOXCROFT — The Eastern Maine Development Corporation invites community stakeholders, non-profits, local/county government officials and educators, for a grants conference from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 18 at the Commons at Central Hall, E Main Street.
At the conference, you will learn:
- How to find the right grant opportunity for your project (federal, state, foundation)
- Planning your application
- Writing a compelling narrative – telling your story, describing your need, backing up your story with data, describing the project including service delivery, data collection and evaluation
- Preparing a fundable budget
- Logic models – what are they and how are they created
- Additional elements required in the grant package
Speakers include representatives from:
- Eastern Maine Development Corporation
- Katahdin Higher Education Center
- U.S. Economic Development Administration
- United States Department of Agriculture – Rural Development
- EPA New England
- Maine Community Foundation
- Connect ME
Register at https://www.emdc.org/grants.
This event is presented by Eastern Maine Development Corporation, Eastern Maine Community College, and the Piscataquis County Economic Development Council. A special thank you to our sponsor, the Environmental Protection Agency.