Whether you’re single, dating, engaged or married, a mobile device can be a helpful tool to make romantic plans and stay better connected this Valentine’s Day.
Mobile technology is helping strengthen relationships – including our love lives:
- According to Keith Hampton, Ph.D., a professor at Rutgers University,1 social media users tend to have closer relationships, not just online, but in real life.
- Singles are looking for love online. According to Forbes, there are 2,500 dating sites in the U.S., with approximately 1,000 new dating sites launched here every year.2
- A Statista survey revealed that 84% of people use online dating sites to find relationships.3
“We’re having a massive love affair with our mobile devices,” said Matt Kasper, director of sales for U.S. Cellular in New England. “On Valentine’s Day and every day, we rely on our smartphones to make dinner reservations, send flowers, buy gifts, send thoughtful texts to our loved ones and even to find a potential partner. Valentine’s Day is a great time when people look to their mobile devices to help find and celebrate love.”
U.S. Cellular is offering the following tips and apps to help make your Valentine’s Day memorable:
- Share the love. The Couple app keeps couples in sync. There are a variety of features, from practical sections (shared calendars, photo albums, to-do lists) to adorable options (the “thumbkiss” feature lets couples touch their screens and leave thumbprint “kisses” behind). This app also allows couples to build a private timeline of their special moments.
- Schedule some romance. In need of a date night? Scheduling time together can be challenging when work, kids’ activities and chores all beckon. Finagle two busy schedules with Raft, a calendar app that syncs schedules with your partner and makes it easier to see work hours, appointments, and other obligations in color-coded calendars. It’s the perfect app to block out time for a romantic Valentine’s Day.
- Connect in the kitchen. The saying goes that the way to your love’s heart is through their stomach! Access delicious, romantic food ideas with a recipe app. Tasty provides personalized food recommendations for meals based on major holidays (hello chocolate lava cake for Valentine’s Day dessert). According to a U.S. Cellular survey, more than 13% of smartphone users don’t start a meal without the help of their device.4
- Plan a great date. Are you and yours SO stuck in a rut? Are you typically too busy (or too lazy) to plan a date? Eventbrite is an event finder app that lets people find unique experiences whether they are home for Valentine’s Day or traveling across the country.
- Meet your match. Single on Valentine’s Day? Online dating has gone mobile, making it easier to review singles’ profiles, find a match and take your conversation from the virtual world to the real world. There’s a wide (and growing) assortment of dating apps, including com, the world’s largest subscription-based; online dating site, eHarmony, which relies on a questionnaire to test people’s compatibility and link those that are likely to click; and OK Cupid, which provides in-depth profiles that let people find a long-term relationship or even same-day blind dates.
- Walk down the aisle in style. Getting engaged this Valentine’s Day? It’s never been easier to plan a wedding, with a variety of apps to help engaged couples stay organized and on track to wedded bliss. The Knot is an all-in-one digital wedding planner. This popular free app helps couples update registries, locate local vendors, track budgets and manage RSVPs. Other apps like WeddingHappy use your wedding date to build a customized schedule and to-do list. It also offers payment tracking, a spending summary and a feature that compiles vendor contact information.
4Between Nov. 14-27, 2018, a total of 1,012 online interviews were conducted among a nationally representative sample of U.S. consumers between 18-38 years old by Consumer Insights, in partnership with Maritz CX.
U.S. Cellular is the fifth-largest full-service wireless carrier in the United States, providing national network coverage and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier is building a stronger network with the latest 5G technology and offers a wide range of communication services that enhance consumers’ lives, increase the competitiveness of local businesses and improve the efficiency of government operations. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.