But you still need to activate your account.
Firefighters promptly knocked down a house fire on Bristol Road in Pemaquid, just south of Bristol Consolidated School, on Friday night.
The Maine fire marshal’s office ruled the fire accidental and determined the cause was electrical, according to Bristol fire Chief Paul Leeman Jr.
No one was home when the fire started on the first floor, on the side of the house facing the road. Firefighters quickly knocked down the fire before heading inside the building to extinguish any hot spots.
The house had damage to 80 percent of the interior, however, Leeman said the structure is still strong and could be restored.
While crews were on scene, Bristol Road was closed at the school, where traffic was being diverted to Foster Road.
Firefighters and the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office checked the site for hot spots throughout the night. None were found, Leeman said.
Lincoln County Communications Center dispatched the Bristol Fire Department at 8:27 p.m. and the Bremen, Damariscotta, Newcastle and South Bristol departments shortly thereafter. Nobleboro and Edgecomb were dispatched to back up Bremen and Newcastle, respectively, in the event of a fire in one of those towns.
Central Maine Power Co. responded to shut off electrical service to the house.
This story appears through a media partnership with The Lincoln County News.