Bangor firefighters put out vent fire quickly

Courtesy of Bangor Fire Department
Courtesy of Bangor Fire Department
A Bangor fire truck.
Firefighters were reportedly able to limit the damage to the basement.
Sign in or Subscribe to view this content.

The Bangor Fire Department was able to limit the damage to a Grace Court home Sunday night when crews quickly put out a fire coming through the basement vents, WABI television reported.

The fire was reported around 8 p.m., the television station reported.

[Subscribe to our free morning newsletter and get the latest headlines in your inbox]

Assistant Fire Chief Greg Hodge told WABI smoke in the basement and first floor of the home was a problem for firefighters, but they dug snow out to open the bulkhead and use fans to clear the air.

Firefighters were able to limit the damage to the basement, the station reported. No cause for the fire was announced.

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

Load Classic Site
By continuing to use this site, you give your consent to our use of cookies for analytics, personalization and ads. Learn more.