Two dogs died on Saturday afternoon after a fire ripped through a mobile home in Livermore Falls.
Livermore Falls fire Lt. Nixon Ortiz told the Lewiston Sun Journal that the fire began in a wood stove before spreading through the mobile home.
Firefighters arrived at the mobile home at 201 Pine Ridge Loop about 3 p.m. to find it engulfed in flames, according to CBS affiliate WGME.
Firefighters brought the fire under control in 45 minutes, and half the mobile home was destroyed, according to WGME and the Sun Journal.
Two dogs inside the mobile home at the time perished in the flames.
Fire Chief Ed Hastings told WGME the owner of the home was at work when the fire happened.