September 25, 2018
York Latest News | Poll Questions | Bangor Mall | Collins Protests | Lobster Hate Mail

Smoking materials caused Old Orchard Beach condo fire

WGME | BDN
WGME | BDN
Authorities say improperly discarded smoking materials on a second-floor deck ignited a fire that destroyed a condominium complex in Maine and left 16 people homeless.
The Associated Press
Updated:

Authorities say improperly discarded smoking materials on a second-floor deck ignited a fire that destroyed a condominium complex in Maine and left 16 people homeless.

The Portland Press Herald reports the second floor and roof of an eight-unit condo building were heavily engulfed in flames on Saturday night. That building is considered a total loss.

No one was hurt.

The American Red Cross assisted the 16 residents.

Follow the Bangor Daily News on Facebook for the latest Maine news.

 


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like