The Maine fire marshal’s office is investigating a fire that damaged a Portland fire station.

Deputy Fire Chief Mike Nixon said the fire broke out around 6 p.m. Sunday. The Portland Press Herald reports it caused damage to the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the entire building.

Nixon said the fire crews housed in the station have been relocated to other nearby stations.

Nixon said no one was in the building when the fire started, as crews were responding to reports of a dryer fire down the street.

Officials say the fire does not appear to be suspicious.