BREWER, Maine — A Levant man who allegedly arrived at an apartment on State Street with a gun Friday night and then created a 12-hour standoff after refusing to talk to responding police was taken into custody at noon Saturday.

Brandon Ogden, 32, was charged with felony terrorizing and creating a police standoff, according to Brewer police Chief Perry Antone.

“Once he was [at the apartment] he brandished a firearm that obviously made the people uncomfortable,” Antone said. “Those people left the apartment in fear.”

Brewer police, with backup from Bangor Police Department, arrived at the apartment building and made initial contact with Ogden, who refused to cooperate, the police chief said.

State Street, between Main Road North and Washington Street, was blocked off. The Maine State Police tactical team began arriving around 7:30 a.m.

A battering ram was put on the front of the tactical team truck and was driven into the driveway of the three-unit apartment building, and a loudspeaker was used to communicate with Ogden.

“Mr. Ogden came out unarmed and surrendered himself to Maine State Police,” Antone said.

At least one gun was recovered.

“We still have to process it,” Antone said, referring to the apartment where Ogden was located.

Antone praised the partnership with area law enforcement, which included officers from Holden, Veazie, Penobscot County Sheriff’s Department, Bangor and the state police.

“It epitomized the relationship of law enforcement in the state of Maine,” Antone said of the camaraderie. “We help them, and they help us. It’s a well-oiled machine.”

Ogden is the father of a 3-year-old girl who was shot in the neck at her Bald Mountain Drive residence, where a loaded gun was left within her reach in 2013, family members have said. The girl was paralyzed from the neck down but at age 5 is making progress — moving her arms and legs — and she and her two siblings were recently adopted by their grandparents.

Ogden was taken to Penobscot County Jail in Bangor. If convicted of the felony terrorizing charge, Ogden faces up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000.