September 22, 2019
Portland Latest News | Castle Hill Deaths | Bangor Metro | Bangor Abortion | Today's Paper

Saco man injured in boat explosion

SACO, Maine — A local man was injured Monday in an explosion and fire on a boat he was working on at the Saco Yacht Club, according to the state fire marshal’s office.

Marc Lamothe, 53, suffered burns and a broken hip, Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Stephen McCausland said in a news release. Lamothe was taken to Maine Medical Center in Portland for treatment, McCausland said.

McCausland said Lamothe was working on his 21-foot boat in the club’s parking lot. Fire investigators say he was attempting to loosen a hose to the boat’s fish live well with an open flame, which apparently ignited gasoline fumes.

 



Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like