By using a glass drill bit, you can recycle an old wine bottle into a lamp by using a string of lights. You can even preserve the label — making it a great gift or way to preserve a memory.
You can see all the steps in the video above:
- Make a circle with modeling clay around the base of the glass.
- Put some water in the pool created by the modeling clay.
- With safety equipment — as shown in the video — slowly drill into the pool of water. (The water keeps the drill from getting too hot and cracking the glass).
- Use sandpaper to smooth the edges of the hole so you don’t cut yourself.
- Insert your lights and enjoy!