CAMDEN, Maine — A 26-year-old Camden man arrested Tuesday night threatened to shoot a woman and kill himself or have police kill him, according to police reports.

Dylan M. Urquhart was charged with domestic violence criminal threatening with a weapon, domestic violence assault, assault, reckless conduct and carrying a concealed weapon. A judge set bail Wednesday afternoon at $25,000 cash.

The local police department received a report shortly after 7 p.m. of an armed man at a home on Virginia Avenue who had threatened and assaulted people, according to an affidavit filed in Knox County Unified Court.

The affidavit states that witnesses in the home later told police that Urquhart arrived at the house upset over something, assaulted a woman and knocked over a baby carriage with a baby in it. He then went upstairs and retrieved a handgun that he had recently purchased, according to police.

Urquhart then threatened to shoot the woman and then himself. He also said if he didn’t shoot himself, he would have police do it for him, according to the affidavit. The woman grabbed the baby and ran from the house.

When police responded, they spotted Urquhart on Virginia Avenue. Sgt. Daniel Brown reported that he could see something heavy in the man’s pocket that was shaped like a gun. He made contact with the suspect and, from a distance, spoke with him. The man asked for a cigarette lighter and Brown assured him that one would be gotten for him.

The police sergeant stated in the affidavit that he did not draw his gun because he figured that would likely lead to Urquhart pulling his gun. Eventually, Brown got within 30 feet of Urquhart and attempted to use a stun gun on him. Urquhart ran but officers pursued him and Knox County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Paul Spear was able to tackle him.

Police say he was armed with a loaded 9 mm handgun.

Urquhart was taken to Pen Bay Medical Center in Rockport for an evaluation before being arrested and taken to the Knox County Jail in Rockland.

The victim, a family member, was not seriously injured in the assault, Camden Police Chief Randy Gagne said.

The Maine State Police tactical team was called in but the Camden and Knox officers were able to subdue Urquhart before the team arrived.