BRADFORD, Maine — A home on East Road was damaged by fire Monday morning, according to officials.

Bradford Fire Chief Dusty Kelly said an electrical malfunction was likely the cause of the fire, which crews managed to put out quickly.

Four adults in the residence escaped safely, according to Kelly. One of them smelled smoke and got everybody out.

Crews from Charleston, Bradford, Hudson and Corinth were dispatched around 2:30 a.m.

Kelly said the damage to the residence was minor, but noted it could’ve been a lot worse. The home did not have any working smoke detectors, he said.

The state fire marshal’s office has been called in to investigate.


Ryan McLaughlin

BDN sports reporter Ryan McLaughlin grew up in Brewer and is a lifelong fan of the New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics and Boston Bruins. In "The Boston Blitz" he'll be sharing his perspective...