Support group listings runs as space permits. Items are due at least seven to 10 days before the Thursday of publication. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail: The Weekly, P.O. Box 1329, Bangor ME 04402.
• Bangor Area Narcotics Anonymous meeting for families and loved ones of addicts. 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays, St. Francis Center (old firehouse) across from St. Joseph emergency entrance, 368 Center St. Janice, 299-8802.
• Eastern Maine Crohn’s and Colitis Support Group for IBD patients, caregivers and family members, 6-7:30 p.m. second Thursdays, Dr. Frank Chapman Conference Room, 2nd floor, St. Joseph Hospital. Next meeting, Oct. 9. 691-3132 or email@example.com.
• Eastern Maine Medical Center Bereavement Support Group, 7-8:30 p.m. second and fourth Thursdays of each month, Cascade Room, Riverside Inn, 495 State St. Sandra Levesque, 973-6604.
• Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous, 6:30 p.m. Mondays, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. Free. Twelve Step recovery program for those suffering from food obsession, overeating, under-eating and bulimia. 781-321-9118 or 942-1738.
• Nicotine anonymous, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, conference room, Maine Veterans Home. Provides help for those who have quit smoking and want to stay that way. Larry, 843-7563.
• Safe Place, for those who have lost someone to suicide, 6:30-8 p.m. first Wednesdays, St. Josephs Healthcare Park, 900 Broadway. Peer led group with no fee. Associated with American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. afsp.org.
• Spruce Run-Womancare Alliance support groups for women affected by partner abuse. Day and evening groups; child care activities. Spruce Run-Womancare Alliance, 800-863-9909.
• St. Joseph Diabetes and Nutrition Center Diabetes Support Group, Willette Conference Center, Building 1, St. Joseph Healthcare Park, 900 Broadway. Meetings facilitated by a certified diabetes educator. Group members share tips on diabetes management. Open to all. Free. 907-1187.
• Cancer Support Center of Maine support group for cancer patients, 12:30 p.m. first Wednesdays, Bucksport Regional Health Center, 110 Broadway. Bring a bag lunch or snack. 469-6383.
• Vestibular Support Group for those experiencing dizziness, imbalance, vertigo or ringing in the ears, Brewer Physical Therapy and Spine Clinic, 51 Main Road. 989-4122.