CAPE ELIZABETH — A Cape Elizabeth woman found dead after a fire in her kitchen Friday afternoon died of natural causes, the state medical examiner said Saturday.

Portland television station WGME, CBS 13, reported that Lamy Alkurdy, 65, died before the food she was cooking on her stove caught fire.

Neighbors said Alkurdy lived at 75 Starboard Drive for several years and just purchased a new, bigger home down the street. They say she was a wonderful, generous person who was very close to her family. “She was just a very kind, you know, very happy woman. Always just with her family and just very kind and very happy,” said neighbor Kate Durgin.