June 23, 2018
Bangor Latest News | Poll Questions | Border Patrol | Energy Scam | Toxic Moths

Man injured in fire while repairing car

By Ryan McLaughlin, BDN Staff

HUDSON, Maine — A local man was injured early Wednesday morning when his car caught fire while it was being worked on, officials said.

The man, whose name was not available, suffered second and third degree burns to his arm and shoulder, according to Hudson Fire Chief Mike Simmons.

Simmons said crews were called to a residence on Hudson Road around 3:30 a.m.

The chief said the victim and another man were changing the fuel pump on the vehicle when the fire started.

“The gas line came down, gas trickled on the ground, and the drop light was on the ground and the fuel hit that drop light and it ignited,” Simmons said.

The man’s car and his wife’s, which was parked about 10 feet of his, were destroyed in the fire, Simmons said. Firefighters from Glenburn and Hudson had the blaze under control in about 20 minutes.

The man was brought to Eastern Maine Medical Center for treatment. The fire remains under investigation, and the other man was not hurt.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like