BANGOR, Maine — Two forensic computer examiners testified Monday that they found videos containing child pornography on two computers seized in February 2011 from the home of disc jockey Dana Wilson.

After more than a year of delays, evidence was presented Monday in the jury-waived trial of Wilson, 63, before Superior Court Justice Ann Murray at the Penobscot Judicial Center. The well-known DJ and former member of the Maine Sports Hall of Fame was indicted nearly two years ago by the Penobscot County grand jury on one count of possession of sexually explicit material.

Wilson has denied intentionally downloading child pornography.

Michael Roberts, deputy district attorney for Penobscot County, rested his case at the end of the daylong trial. Defense attorney Hunter Tzovarras of Bangor said he did not intend to call witnesses.

Murray tentatively set Friday afternoon for closing arguments but that might change, Roberts said as he left the courthouse. The judge has not said whether she will issue a verdict immediately or take the matter under advisement.

On Monday, Bangor police detective Brent Beaulieu and Maine State Police Officer Christopher Hull testified they had examined the computers found in Wilson’s home more than three years ago. Two videos that contained child pornography were found in the recycle bin of one laptop computer, Beaulieu testified.

Hull testified that he found on a second laptop deleted video files that included the titles, “Monsters,” “Tillman” and “11 yo sex & rape.” The state police officer said that several of the deleted files were titles known to law enforcement officials who investigate child pornography cases.

Beaulieu said that he did not find child pornography on any other hard drives or computers taken from Wilson’s home, which included a home office. He also testified that he found adult pornography but no child pornography on the hard drive of a broken computer owned by Wilson’s then 23-year-old son, Christopher Wilson.

Both experts said that for the videos and deleted files found on the laptops to have gotten onto the computer, an operator would have had to have opened or download the files containing child pornography.

Brewer police Sgt. Jay Munson testified Monday that he went to Wilson’s home Feb. 14, 2011, after learning from the group Internet Crimes Against Children that someone with an IP address at the home where Wilson lived had received a video known to portray child pornography.

Munson testified that Wilson told them “he had seen that stuff” but had not downloaded it. Wilson also told the detective his son, Christopher Wilson, 26 of Hermon had used the laptop, the detective told Murray. Munson said Wilson told him he and his wife were concerned about leaving him alone with his sister when he was younger because of Christopher Wilson’s “sexual interests.”

Dana Wilson’s ex-wife, Marsha Wilson, 61, of Bangor, denied ever having such concerns or discussing them with her ex-husband. Marsha Wilson said the couple divorced in 2010, and she moved out in late December of that year.

Christopher Wilson took the stand and denied ever using his father’s computer. He said that he moved home in January 2010 from Lewiston, where he had been a student at Bates College. He said he had a laptop, but it stopped working in late 2010. Christopher Wilson said he did not use his father’s computers and was able to purchase a new laptop in March or April of 2011 after he received his tax return.

Wilson’s case has taken a number of twists and turns since he was charged.

In March, the trial was rescheduled to June to allow a computer expert hired by the defense to examine Wilson’s computer, according to a previously published report.

Superior Court Justice William Anderson in January allowed Wilson to withdraw his no contest plea and go to trial.

Tzovarras, told the judge Jan. 3, when a hearing to withdraw the plea was held, Wilson wanted to take the action “because he is innocent of the offense and believes he did not fully understand the state’s burden [of proof], potential issues for defense and consequences of a no-contest plea.”

The defense attorney said at the hearing that there was nothing in the police report to indicate Wilson sought out the material, and he never confessed to the police. Tzovarras also told that to Murray Monday in his opening statement.

Wilson pleaded no contest May 23, 2013, before District Court Judge Greg Campbell to the Class C crime as his jury-waived trial was about to begin.

On Aug. 19, the day before he was to be sentenced, Wilson fired his previous attorney, Jeffrey Silverstein of Bangor. Silverstein said Wilson sent him an email dismissing him without mentioning a reason.

Tzovarras was appointed to represent Wilson after he said his income had fallen so dramatically as a result of the charge that he needed to go on Social Security early. Wilson’s income and the fact that the prosecutor is seeking a jail sentence allowed him to qualify for a court-appointed attorney.

Wilson was inducted into the Maine Sports Hall of Fame in May 2012 for his basketball feats at Bangor’s Husson College, now Husson University, where he graduated in 1974. That honor was revoked May 29, 2013, by the hall’s board of directors, according to a previously published report.

The DJ remains free on $1,000 unsecured bail with conditions that include having no contact with children under the age of 16.

Wilson, who has no prior criminal record, faces up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000 on the charge if convicted.

To reach a sexual assault advocate, call the Statewide Sexual Assault Crisis and Support Line at 800-871-7741, TTY 888-458-5599. This free and confidential 24-hour service is accessible from anywhere in Maine. Calls are automatically routed to the closest sexual violence service provider.