October 18, 2017
Hancock Latest News | Poll Questions | Haunted Maine | Obamacare | National Anthem Protests

Eastbrook resident suffers smoke inhalation in house fire

By Dawn Gagnon, BDN Staff
Updated:

EASTBROOK, Maine — Firefighters from Eastbrook and several surrounding communities on Tuesday stopped a kitchen fire before it spread on Macomber Mill Road.

“We did save the house,” Eastbrook Assistant Fire Chief Russ Stackhouse said Tuesday night.

Although the kitchen had extensive fire damage, the rest of the ranch-style house had minor water damage, he said.

One person who lived in the house was taken to an area hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation, Stackhouse said. No firefighters were injured, he said.

Stackhouse said it is not yet clear how the fire started. The state fire marshal’s office has been called in to investigate, he said.

The fire was reported at 5:30 p.m., according to a Hancock County emergency dispatcher. Stackhouse said fire crews remained at the scene until shortly after 8 p.m.

Stackhouse declined to name the homeowner. It was not immediately clear if the house was insured.

 


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like