October 23, 2017
Portland Latest News | Poll Questions | Haunted Maine | Bald Eagles | Medicaid Expansion

Man’s clothes catch fire while working at Saco construction site

By Ryan McLaughlin, BDN Staff
Updated:

SACO, Maine — A man suffered second and third degree burns Thursday after his clothes caught fire while working at a construction site, officials said.

Firefighters from Saco and Biddeford were dispatched to a construction site at 12 Thornton Ave. shortly before 10 a.m., Saco Fire Chief John Duross said.

The man’s name was not available.

The site is that of the former Saco Central Fire Station. It is currently being converted to apartments and commercial space.

Duross said the fire was contained by the time firefighters arrived. The victim’s co-workers managed to douse the flames.

The chief said the crew was on the roof attempting to seal insulation in advance of the forecast snowstorm. The victim apparently was heating and gluing down a piece of rubber before his clothes caught fire.

The victim is being treated at Maine Medical Center.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like