Bath fire leaves one homeless

Investigator Kenneth MacMaster of the state fire marshal's office was at the scene of an early morning fire on Bluff Road Wednesday.
Investigator Kenneth MacMaster of the state fire marshal's office was at the scene of an early morning fire on Bluff Road Wednesday.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013, at 5:43 a.m.
Last modified Oct. 30, 2013, at 11:32 a.m.
An early-morning fire at 10 Bluff Road in Bath gutted a single family home, leaving one person homeless, according to Bath Fire Chief Stephen Hinds.
Courtesy Bath Fire Department
An early-morning fire at 10 Bluff Road in Bath gutted a single family home, leaving one person homeless, according to Bath Fire Chief Stephen Hinds.

BATH, Maine — An early-morning fire gutted a home in the former Hyde Park development, not far from the site of a February explosion that killed one woman.

Crews from Bath, Brunswick and West Bath responded at 1:15 a.m. Wednesday to 10 Bluff Road to find the single-family home fully involved, Bath Fire Chief Stephen Hinds said.

The blaze was under control in about 20 minutes, he said.

Hinds said one female home at the time of Wednesday’s fire was outside when firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported.

The home, in the development now known as Atlantic Townhouse Apartments, is diagonally across the street from a duplex that exploded and burned on February 12. That explosion killed 64-year-old Dale Ann Fussell, who lived in one of the apartments in the duplex, and injured four others. The state fire marshal’s office determined on Feb. 13 that a gas line connecting an outside propane tank to both units in the duplex caused that explosion.

Hinds said investigators from the state fire marshal’s office were scheduled to visit the scene of Wednesday’s fire later in the day.

Similar articles:

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
The Forecaster
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business