PORTLAND, Maine — The father of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds was arrested Friday on a charge of violating the conditions of his release from an arrest earlier this summer, officials with the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Monday.

After his arrest, Justin DiPietro was taken to Cumberland County Jail, where he was held without bail pending a court appearance scheduled for Monday. During the appearance, bail was set at $210 cash, a jail official confirmed. DiPietro remained behind bars as of 6:15 p.m.

DiPietro’s arrest occurred on Broadway in South Portland, after DiPietro was pulled over because of an expired inspection sticker on the car he was driving, according to South Portland police Sgt. John Sutton.

He said Monday evening that when DiPietro’s license information was entered into the law enforcement database, police learned that he was out on bail. As such, he was subject to release conditions that included he not use or possess alcoholic beverages, and he submit to random searches and testing.

DiPietro was arrested after alcohol was found in the vehicle, Sutton said.

“He was not consuming it at the time,” he added.

Friday’s arrest was DiPietro’s second since July 6, when a Portland police lieutenant reportedly saw him grab and push a woman with whom he was arguing at 88 Spring St. The police announcement at the time described the victim as a 25-year-old ex-girlfriend of DiPietro. The woman was not injured in the alleged assault, according to police, and DiPietro was released on bail.

When he failed to show up for an initial court appearance on July 25, Cumberland County court officials issued a warrant for his arrest. The warrant was revoked after he appeared later that morning to plead not guilty, a county court clerk’s office spokeswoman said in a telephone interview at that time.

The alleged July assault was not associated with the disappearance of Reynolds, who went missing in December 2011 at 20 months old from the Waterville home where DiPietro was living at the time. That case remains unsolved.

Last month, the mother of the missing child announced on her website that she will hold a press conference this month to release information in an effort to have DiPietro prosecuted in connection with the girl’s disappearance.

Trista Reynolds will release information given to her earlier this year by Maine State Police detectives on Sept. 24 on www.aylareynolds.com, according to information posted on the site. Reynolds also said that she will hold a press conference in Lincoln Park, located across from Cumberland County Superior Court, on Sept. 25.

The press conference will be held after the scheduled court appearance of DiPietro on the July assault charge unrelated to his daughter, according to information on the website.

DiPietro has not been charged in connection with the toddler’s disappearance, and around the one-year anniversary of the crime, police stated that they had “renewed communications” with DiPietro and his family members after previously saying they did not believe DiPietro had been forthcoming about the night of Reynolds’ disappearance.

State police officials stated in May 2012 that they believed it would be “ highly unlikely” that they would find Reynolds alive. That revelation came four months after police confirmed the child’s blood had been discovered in the basement of the Waterville home, and they had ruled out abduction in the case.

DiPietro is not the first family member of Ayla Reynolds to face unrelated charges since her disappearance, which attracted nationwide media attention. In late May, Portland police were allegedly forced to use a Taser to subdue the child’s maternal grandfather, Ronald Reynolds, after charging him with threatening a family member with a knife.

If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence and would like to talk with an advocate, call 866-834-4357, TRS 800-787-3224. This free, confidential service is available 24/7 and is accessible from anywhere in Maine.