New Limerick man electrocuted by exposed power line, police say

Posted June 22, 2013, at 4:38 p.m.
Last modified June 23, 2013, at 4:51 p.m.

An employee of Eastern Maine Electric has died after answering a call to a power outage and making contact with an exposed power line, Maine State Police reported Saturday afternoon.

Mark Miles, 44, of New Limerick was found unresponsive at a private residence on Burton Road in New Limerick and was taken to Houlton Regional Hospital.

“It appeared that Miles made contact with the power lines, which resulted in his death,” state police said.