LINCOLN, Maine — A recreational vehicle sustained heavy damage in a fire at a West Broadway residence on Monday night. The fire was extinguished before it engulfed the entire RV, a firefighter said Tuesday.
Firefighters went to 510 West Broadway, the home of Mark Littlefield, at about 5 p.m. after they received a 911 call. When they arrived, the front end of the 1987 Damon Escaper RV was burning heavily, firefighter Ken Goslin said.
The owner, Littlefield, told firefighters that an engine backfire apparently started the blaze in the area of the engine’s air cleaner. The flames almost immediately engulfed the dashboard, Goslin said.
No injuries were reported.
Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to ensure that the fire wasn’t smoldering within the vehicle, Goslin said. An estimate on the value of the vehicle or the cost of repairing the damage was not available.