May 21, 2018
Penobscot Latest News | Poll Questions | Concussions | Maine Media College | Boston Red Sox

Lincoln couple charged with assaulting man, woman

By Nick Sambides Jr., BDN Staff

LINCOLN, Maine – A Lincoln couple was being held at Penobscot County Jail on a total $10,020 bail Wednesday after they were charged with assaulting another couple, officials said.

Walter Cote III, 43, and Andrea Carlow, 22, were both charged on Friday night with aggravated assault, police said.

Lincoln police officers Anthony Redmond and Jay Hallett were called to Mechanic Street near Steaks ‘N Stuff grocery at about 8 p.m. Friday on a report of a fight involving two men and two women, Sgt. Glenn Graef said.

When the officers arrived, they said they found Cote and Carlow and another man and woman, both who appeared to be in their 20s. The other man had a cut to his head and the woman was on the ground, unconscious, Graef said.

The officers determined that Cote had hit the man with a beer bottle and Carlow had thrown a beer bottle at the woman and then punched her, knocking her out, Graef said.

Carlow and Cote were each being held on $5,060 bail and are due to appear at the Penobscot Judicial Center on Aug. 6, a jail spokesman said.

Cote and Carlow were charged with aggravated assault on July 25, 2012 during a family fight in which three people were wounded in apparent stabbings.

That incident began for Officers Brandi Alton and Mark Fucile when the Penobscot County Regional Dispatch Center got a 911 call about 10:50 p.m. that night reporting several stabbings and a suspect with a gun at 219 Enfield Road. When the officers arrived they found several people claiming to have been stabbed and saw two people with blood on them, police said. The third victim was eventually identified.

Carlow and Cote were also charged Sept. 8 with disorderly conduct and criminal trespass in connection with a disturbance at Walmart in Lincoln in which both were accused of threatening. Cote was also charged with criminal threatening, police said.

Police said at the time the suspects refused to leave the store and tried to discuss the stabbing incident. The yelling and threats continued until Graef finally pulled his Taser and ordered at least one of the suspects to the ground, police said.

Court dispositions compiled by the Bangor Daily News show that Carlow was convicted last year with three counts criminal mischief and paid restitution totaling $978.93. Cote was convicted of two counts criminal mischief, drew a suspended sentence and paid restitution of $478.93.

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like