BANGOR, Maine — The Greater Bangor Convention and Visitors Bureau has announced the list of brewers and special brews that will be available for the VIP session at Bangor’s Beer Festival — Tap Into Summer. The festival is a one-day event scheduled for noon-5 p.m. Saturday, June 22, that will feature a general session, a VIP tasting session, food, entertainment from singer-songwriter Chris Ross, beer aficionados and a focus on Maine breweries. A limited supply of tickets are available now.
“Maine brewers have a lot to be proud of,” said Kerrie Tripp, executive director for the Greater Bangor Convention and Visitor’s Bureau. “We are thrilled to highlight so many Maine brewers in one place with what is shaping up to be a unique event. The Bangor waterfront is an amazing place to have this inaugural event, and we couldn’t be more excited about it as it gets closer. We are strongly encouraging people to buy tickets soon as they are going fast.”
The VIP session will run noon-1 p.m. and will feature special brews available for tasting from some of the Maine brewers on hand. The special brews include:
• Tough End IPA from Black Bear Brewing, Orono.
• Steganose Oak Aged Imperial Stout from Boothbay Craft Brewery, Boothbay.
• The Big Blonde Ale from Gritty McDuff’s, Portland.
• Mountain Man DIPA from Penobscot Bay Brewery, Winterport.
In addition to special VIP session-only brews, Chris and Merideth of TheBeerGeek.com will be featured as keynote speakers. VIP ticket holders will receive advance entry to the event, lunch from Moe’s Original BBQ, tastings with the signature Paul Bunyan sample glass, admission to the general session, and time with the brewers and TheBeerGeek.com beer bloggers. VIP tickets are available by advance purchase only.
The general session 1-5 p.m. will offer a variety of Maine brews for attendees to sample along with food and entertainment throughout the afternoon. The Bangor Roller Derby athletes will be on hand to pour brews for attendees. Bangor’s Beer Fest attendees can expect a Twitter-based contest and additional information to be released through a free app called Findmytap.
Tap Into Summer will operate similar to other tasting festivals, where each attendee will receive a wristband and samples punch card. There will be no admittance to anyone under the age of 21. Advance purchase VIP tickets for designated drivers are available now. General session designated driver passes will be available up to, and on the day of, the event.
Participating brewers for Bangor’s Beer Fest – Tap Into Summer are:
• Andrew’s Brewing Co., Lincolnville.
• Atlantic Brewing Company, Bar Harbor.
• Baxter Brewing Co., Lewiston.
• Belfast Bay Brewing Co., Belfast.
• Black Bear Brewery, Orono.
• Boothbay Craft Brewery, Boothbay.
• D.L. Geary Brewing Company, Portland.
• Geaghan Brothers Brewing Company, Bangor.
• Gritty McDuff’s, Portland.
• Kennebec River Brewery, The Forks.
• Oak Pond Brewery, Skowhegan.
• Penobscot Bay Brewery, Winterport.
• Sea Dog Brewing Company, Bangor.
• Sebago Brewing Co., Gorham.
• Sheepscot Valley Brewing, Whitefield.
• Shipyard Brewing Co., Portland.
For information or to purchase tickets, visit bangormaine.com/TapIntoSummer.