BERWICK, Maine — Fire officials responded to a medical call for a high level detection of carbon monoxide at the Merriam Apartments 12:30 p.m. Tuesday which sent one person to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover.
A furnace in one of the apartments was cited as the source.
That one unit was the only one evacuated, as other units did not show high levels of carbon monoxide.
Fire personnel isolated the source and ventilated the building.
The tenant was transported to the hospital and no other injuries were recorded.
The incident took less than an hour of response time, according to Fire Lt. Sam Tibbets.
Distributed by MCT Information Services