Old Orchard Beach apartment fire blamed on sparklers

Posted July 21, 2012, at 4:48 p.m.

OLD ORCHARD BEACH, Maine — Fire officials are blaming careless use of sparklers for an early morning fire in Old Orchard Beach.

Authorities say crews responded to a fire at an apartment house shortly before 5:30 a.m. Saturday and found smoke and fire coming from the roof.

The fire was quickly put out, but a third-floor apartment suffered damage.

Fire department Capt. Brett Jones told WCSH-TV that no one was at home at the time, but people were using sparklers on the roof deck earlier in the night.

Story continues below advertisement.

 

Recommend this article

SEE COMMENTS →

Similar Articles

More in Portland