November 25, 2017
State Latest News | Poll Questions | Black Friday | Michael Flynn | Net Neutrality

25-year-old Mass man found unresponsive after diving off buoy in Kennebunk

By Dawn Gagnon, BDN Staff
Updated:

KENNEBUNK, Maine — The U.S. Coast Guard confirmed Thursday night that it has recovered the body of a 25-year-old man Massachusetts man who went missing while swimming off the coast of Kennebunk.

The man, whose name was withheld Thursday night pending notification of family members, reportedly was staying with friends in Kennebunk, Coast Guard Lt. Nick Barrow said.

Barrow said that the man, who had gone boating with friends, had been diving off a buoy about 5:30 p.m. when he failed to resurface. His body was recovered by divers about seven-tenths of a mile off the coast about 7:40 p.m., he said.

Maine Marine Patrol also participated in the search and recovery effort.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like