BANGOR, Maine — The Rite Aid pharmacy on the corner of Union and Fourteenth streets was robbed for the second time in nine days Wednesday night.

Two suspects, one believed to be armed with a handgun, were caught and arrested in the wooded area between Sunset Avenue and the southbound lane of I-95 after robbing the pharmacy about 7:50 p.m. Wednesday, according to police.

Bangor police Sgt. Larry Weber was unable to confirm whether a weapon was used but said initial reports of three robbery suspects appeared to be wrong and that there were in fact two suspects.

Police identified the men as 33-year-old Sheldon Hopkins, a Bangor transient, and 18-year-old Darien Young of Bangor.

Both men have been charged with Class B robbery and are being held at Penobscot County Jail.

Bangor police Detective Erik Tall was off duty Wednesday evening and was at the Rite Aid at the time of the robbery. He reported the crime and chased the suspects as they fled the scene on foot, Lt. Tom Reagan said late Wednesday.

Bangor Police Officers and Maine State Police Troopers, as well as agents from the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency, who also happened to be nearby, formed a perimeter in the area.

“A Rite Aid plastic bag of prescription pills that had been taken in the robbery were recovered near where both men were taken into custody,” Reagan said.

No one was hurt as result of the robbery, according to police.

The robbery comes nine days after the same pharmacy, located at 556 Union St., was robbed by what was described as a “very grubby” older man who passed a note to the pharmacist through the drive-thru window on Monday afternoon, May 21, saying he had a bomb. The man, who has not yet been apprehended, was given an undisclosed amount of prescription drugs.

An unnamed man, who identified himself only as a Rite Aid loss prevention officer, shrugged his shoulders and rolled his eyes when asked if he had ever dealt with a similar situation, in which the same pharmacy has been robbed twice in such a short period of time.

“Not like this,” he said before entering the building, which was locked up after Wednesday night’s robbery.

Store lights remained on as if normal business was being conducted but the doors to the pharmacy were locked after the robbery report. No sign was placed at the entrance notifying customers of the pharmacy’s closure. The outside lights and parking lot lights were turned off around 8:45 p.m. as at least five employees could be seen near the front counter talking to each other or on the phone.

The robbery came about half an hour after a theft — which originally was thought to be another robbery — occurred at Hollywood Casino on Main Street.

“A guy was on the elevator and counting his money, and there was another guy in there at the same time, and apparently just as the door opened, he snatched it as he ran out,” said Weber.

BDN writer Nick McCrea contributed to this report.