AUGUSTA, Maine — Maine’s seven community colleges will graduate more than 3,000 students at commencement exercises around the state in May, the highest number in their history:
• Central Maine Community College, Auburn, 6 p.m. Thursday, May 10, Androscoggin Bank Colisee, Lewiston. 596 graduates. Speaker, Chris McCormick, president and CEO, L.L. Bean.
• Washington County Community College, Calais, 11 a.m. Friday, May 11, Calais High School. 150 graduates. Speaker, Tessa Ftorek, retired student support counselor, WCCC.
• Eastern Maine Community College, Bangor, 10 a.m. Saturday, May 12, Bangor Auditorium. 363 graduates. Speaker, U.S. Rep. Mike Michaud.
• York County Community College, Wells, 10 a.m. Saturday, May 12, Ogunquit Playhouse. 241 graduates. Speaker, Richard Petersen, CEO and president, Maine Medical Center.
• Kennebec Valley Community College, Fairfield, 10 a.m. Saturday, May 19, Augusta Civic Center. 466 graduates. Speaker, William Alfond, founder and president, William and Joan Alfond Foundation.
• Northern Maine Community College, Presque Isle, 10 a.m. Saturday, May 19, The Forum. 259 graduates. Speaker, Daniel Boyd, retiring, 30-year automotive technology instructor, NMCC.
• Southern Maine Community College, South Portland, 2 p.m. Sunday, May 20, Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland. 1,005 graduates. Speaker, Chomba Kaluba, SMCC alumnus and 2011 Paul Harris Fellow.