Officials following leads in series of Mount Blue bomb threats

Posted Dec. 14, 2011, at 12:13 p.m.

FARMINGTON, Maine — Authorities say they are closing in on the culprits of a series of bomb threats at Mount Blue High School that have disrupted classes and wasted the town’s money.

Police and school officials are following leads into the three threats made since last month, which have triggered mandatory emergency measures.

Superintendent Michael Cormier told the Morning Sentinel on Tuesday that officials expect to identify and punish the students with ties to the threats.

He says they could face criminal prosecution.

After the latest threat Friday morning, the 737 students at the high school had to be evacuated and bused to alternate sites for the remainder of the school day.

Similar articles:

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business