Fire destroys mobile home in Garland

Posted Oct. 08, 2011, at 1:37 p.m.
Last modified Oct. 09, 2011, at 6:30 p.m.

GARLAND, Maine — A fire destroyed a mobile home on Avenue Road early Saturday morning.

Garland Fire Chief Henry Burrill said emergency crews were notified at about 4:15 a.m.

The fire, which apparently started when the homeowner knocked over a kerosene heater, destroyed the mobile home and a wooden addition.

Troy Sutherland, who lived in the home, went back into the burning structure to try to retrieve some items and suffered minor burns, Burrill said. The LifeFlight helicopter from Bangor was called to the scene, but Sutherland refused to be taken.

The mobile home, owned by Michael Doore, was uninsured, Burrill said.

Emergency crews from Dover-Foxcroft, Dexter and Corinna aided at the scene.

Similar articles:

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business