PARKMAN, Maine — The State Fire Marshal’s Office, with help from the Maine State Police Bomb Squad and the Piscataquis County Sheriff’s Department, executed a search warrant Saturday at a Parkman home in connection with possible explosives.

Michael DeMaria, 43, of 172 Lander Road was arrested after the search on a charge unrelated to explosives, according to Sgt. Ken Grimes of the State Fire Marshal’s Office. Based on evidence found in DeMaria’s home, he was arrested at another location for violation of a protection from abuse order, Grimes said.

No quantities of explosives were removed from the house.

Grimes said Sunday that his office would present information obtained during the search to Piscataquis County District Attorney R. Christopher Almy this week to see if further charges against DeMaria are warranted.

DeMaria came to the attention of police last week when the Piscataquis County Sheriff’s Department served a protection order on him. While at DeMaria’s home, deputies allegedly observed items that could be considered explosive materials or components of an improvised explosive device, Grimes said.

The Sheriff’s Department notified the State Fire Marshal’s Office and a search warrant was drafted. No one was home when the search was carried out at 10 a.m. Saturday.

Grimes said that as a matter of protocol, the State Police Bomb Squad also took part in the search. He said it is normal for the bomb squad to respond when a search is being conducted for explosives.

“They’re the experts in explosives and we always have them come along in case we find something they can render safe,” Grimes said.

He declined to give any specific details about what was seized during the search.

“For the safety of the neighbors, there were no quantities of explosives taken,” Grimes said.

Since the protection order required DeMaria to leave his house, the Parkman man had been staying at the Covered Bridge Motel in Guilford. He was arrested by the Sheriff’s Department in the vicinity of the motel and was taken to Piscataquis County Jail.

DeMaria was released from jail after paying $400 cash bail. His court date has not yet been set.