Occupants of Lewiston building forced out by fire

Posted Oct. 29, 2010, at 3:47 p.m.

LEWISTON, Maine — Fire investigators say residents of a nine-unit apartment building were forced to find shelter after an electrical short in the attic sparked a fire.

No one was hurt in the Thursday night fire, but electricity to the Pierce Street building was shut off.

Fire investigator Paul Ouellette said tenants stayed with relatives or were helped by the American Red Cross.

The Sun Journal newspaper says damage to the building is estimated to be at least $50,000.

Recommend this article

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Lewiston-Auburn