Mold cleanup is very important if you are concerned about your health or preserving investments such as your home and your water vehicles. Mold grows in dark, moist areas and can cause respiratory problems such as asthma and allergies, according to www.doityourself.com.
It slowly destroys your property if you do not clean it right away.
Although mold can cause a great deal of damage despite its minuscule size, mold can be easily cleaned with basic products you find in your home. Here are two mold cleanup solutions you wouldn’t expect.
Vinegar is readily available in any home, and compared to other products in the market, using a vinegar solution to clean mold is the safest and one of the most effective ways to remove mold from just about any surface. Also, it has no fumes that are harmful to your health. For bathroom molds, mix three parts white distilled vinegar with three parts water. Use a sponge with the solution and soak the moldy area and let it set for a few minutes. Wipe down with a dry cloth after.
Chlorine bleach is also readily available in the home and can be used for mold cleanup. Every brand of bleach has its own mixture solution, so follow instructions carefully. This works best for nonporous surfaces like countertops and tiles. Place solution inside a spray bottle and spray on moldy surfaces. Let it soak for a few minutes, then wipe off until mold in completely gone. Make sure when cleaning the inside of the home that the area is well ventilated. Though bleach is a good mold cleanup solution, it can be very dangerous when inhaled. Also, if you are not sure about a surface’s reaction to bleach, first test a small, inconspicuous area or use the all natural vinegar-and-water solution.